Though Nook is a wonderful eReader device, it still becomes unresponsive many times. There are so many reasons behind such behavior of your device. To operate it correctly you must try to fix its issues. An unresponsive Nook has an on-screen stuck image issue or a frozen screen issue. It may be unable to turn off. It may have unresponsive Nook buttons or touch screen commands. It may be unresponsive even after you completely charge it.
In most of the cases, when you do not use it for longer weeks without charging it, then it does not get powered on. Sometimes due to any major issue with its battery leaves it to be unresponsive for your commands. You can not read your favorite books with a non responding Nook device. Hence complete the following steps to fix you not working Nook and make it work again.
- Confirm that the slot is empty for the MicroSD wallet.
- Click the control button and keep it for 20 seconds and unlock it.
- To switch your NOOK on, click the power button for 2 seconds.
- If it does not succeed, charge the device for several hours via a wall outlet via a USB cable and AC adapter. You can also attempt to connect your NOOK via the USB cable to a computer.
- Attempt to turn on until fully loaded. If the system is not powered up, click and hold down both the power button and the NOOK button for 20 seconds simultaneously.
- If after charging your NOOK fails, we suggest attempting to load with a separate outlet and USB cord.
- Seek to charge this system with the current plug, loader, and cable setup if another NOOK is open. This allows us to decide whether the system or charge conditions are troublesome.
- If the NOOK stays on and does not turn off until the previous measures have been done, keep the equipment on and let the battery drain entirely. The NOOK will start off and the show will be black until the battery has fully drained.
- Using a USB cable and AC adapter to power the unit for many hours using a wall socket.
How To Reset Your Nook Device
If your Nook freezes, crashes, or does not function consistently, the recovery may help to fix the issue. The main challenge is a soft reset or restores, such that the Nook restarts without losing all of the data saved. There is also a hard reset that will restore your Nook settings, still, save your content and records. When you are trying to sell the Nook or to render a serious program error, you can have to restart the factory or restore the computer to factory settings. Such a reboot will delete all your Nook.
A hard reset is distinct from a factory reset as the contents and details will not erase the Nook entirely. The following situations are just recommended:
- It’s not paying your Nook.
- Your Nook is reactive yet strong.
- A customer care specialist would allow you to execute a hard reset.
- Click and keep the 20 seconds Power click. To monitor the time, using a watch, a time counter, or a clock. Remove the Power button after 20 seconds pass.
- To restart your Nook, click and release the Power button. Let it function entirely before trying to use it.
- As an alternative to measures 2 and 3 above, delete Nook ‘s power. This is another way to uninstall the first version of Nook heavy.
- Leave the battery 10 seconds from the unit. Delete the batter in the Nook after 10 seconds.
- Click the Power button to reset and allow the Nook to load until you attempt to use it. Reset Nook.
The above we have provided some very easy and handy tips and tricks to make your Nook responsive and back to work again. Use them carefully and make your Nook effectively work.