The Kindle Fire HD is a part of Amazon’s digital tablet device line, also named the Fire HD. These useful devices might be used for work, travel, or play. There are some differences in screen size, processor, and other features depending on the year your Fire HD was produced but the device’s overall function has remained the same. You’ll need an Internet link to register your Kindle to Amazon to set up your Fire HD and get going. Then, you can start reading, browsing, viewing emails, and more using the apps and settings. With the help of our certified Kindle Fire Support, you can quickly set up Kindle Fire in minutes and get the most out of this device.
How To Setup Kindle Fire Tablet
Once you first switch on Kindle Fire, you can see a sequence of screens that will help you set up and activate the unit. The first screen is named Kindle Fire Welcome. This is the stage you are connected to a Wi-Fi network in the configuration process. To register your device you need that connection.
To register and set up your Kindle Fire: Follow these directions.
- Tap an established network in the Link to a Network register.
- Kindle Fire links to the network(you may need to input a password and then tap Link to reach an active network and then the Time Zone indicator would appear.
- Tap Pick a time zone from the given chart and tap Start.
- Tap More for countries other than the US, and pick from the list given. Tap the Back button in the bottom-left corner to switch to the Time Zone page after you have picked from the list.
- If you don’t have an account with Amazon, press New to Amazon? Build a connection to Account.
- This connection will take you to the Build an Amazon Account page, with fields to insert your name, email address, and password which you may need to retype to confirm.
- Enter the detail, then press Continue.
- A final screen shows Welcome to Kindle Fire: Hello < Your Name>. Also, there is a connection labeled Not < Your name >? If you aren’t for starters, you could have entered your account details incorrectly for whatever reason, tap the button Not < your name > to adjust your account information.
Wi-Fi Problem Solving, If Necessary
If other devices in your home are able to attach to your wireless network but your Kindle is unable to do so, you will need to notify your Internet service provider. Consider these many solutions for connection problems before you start. Our Kindle Fire Help team is always there to help you whenever you need it.
- Switch off Airplane Mode.
- Swipe down from the top of your device, tap the “Wireless” button, and press “Off” if “On” is set to the Airplane Mode setting.
- Reset your Wi-Fi links by swiping the Kindle device from the top down, by clicking Wireless > Wi-Fi > On. Then press “On” to activate your wireless network link on your device.
- Restart your Fire HD by 40 seconds pressing and holding the power button at the bottom. Let go of the power button once the device starts restarting. If your Fire HD will not restart, click the power button to turn it on again.
- Place your device closer to the router. Especially if you are unable to locate your network in the network chart, step closer to the router and pick “Scan” from the Wi-Fi panel, which is available by swiping down from the top of the screen and taping Wi-Fi.
Make sure to fully charge your Kindle device before starting the setup. Take help from our reliable tech support for all kinds of Kindle Fire troubleshooting.