You can easily solve the kindle fire DHCP error by following the below-mentioned steps.
Try changing IP type to Static
- Open the settings
- Afterward, choose Wifi
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi network with which the kindle connects.
- Pick Modify Network
- Move down and choose “Show advanced options”.
- Choose “Set IP settings to Static”.
- Write down your IP address beneath the IP address tab.
- Afterward, input the IP address in the search field.
- Type gateway IP in the gateway field
- Input following address:
- Tap on the “save” option for saving changes.
Afterward, begin restarting the kindle. Once the restart gets completed, connect the Kindle with the same Wi-Fi network. Hence, check whether this technique help in solving the DHCP error kindle fire or kindle won’t connect to wifi issue, etc.
Forgetting Wifi Network
Sometimes trying to forget and reconnecting the Wi-Fi network allows removing temporary errors from the network or device easily.
- Visit the settings section on your kindle.
- Choose Wi-Fi settings.
- Furthermore, press and hold the Wifi Network for choosing the “forget” option.
- Scan and try to connect again with Wifi Network.
Updating Kindle Fire
You must assure that kindle connects with Wifi Network properly.
- Open Settings.
- Choose Device Options.
- Afterward, Pick System Update.
- Select the check button for searching for any pending update.
- Choose for downloading and installing any updates.
At last, even if updating kindle to the latest software has not solved DHCP Error Kindle fire then problem taking place with the router.
Troubleshooting Wifi Router:
You have to follow the steps mentioned below for troubleshooting the Wi-Fi router properly.
- Turn On the Router.
- Remove ethernet and power cable from Wifi Router.
- Stop using the router for a few minutes.
- Plug-in the cables and turn on the router.
- Hold on for few minutes until LED lights don’t stop to blink.
- Connect Kindle fire to Wifi Network.
Hence, if doing a power cycle does not solve your problem then go for resetting the router properly.
Resetting Wifi Router
Once you completed the process to reset the wifi router. Everything will get removed from the network device shortly.
- Make use of a paperclip or any sharp tool.
- Press the reset key on the backside of the router.
- The router will begin to reboot once the reset completes.
- Keep resetting key on hold until LED does not start to blink.
- The router will reboot once the reset gets complete.
- Configure the router and connect the kindle device.
This has seen that resetting the Wi-Fi router always helps in removing DHCP Error kindle fire easily.
You may also read : Kindle won’t turn on